Noche Buena | Blogmas

December 24, 2014

 Blogmas 24

Photo creds: Dollar Photo Club

It's almost here. One more sleep until Christmas day. *screams internally*

Tonight, I will be celebrating Noche Buena (Christmas Eve) with the Filipino side of my family. We're going to stuff our faces, sing karaoke, and play lame filipino party games. 

Honestly, I don't even know why I get so excited about Christmas. Is the colors? the lights? the food? the wintery jitters? the songs? or is it the romantic christmas movies? Since I'm not of the Christian religion – or other religions that celebrate this holiday – celebrating Christmas can seem a little odd to other people. 

Why do we celebrate it? What does it mean to you? They would ask.
I celebrate it because it makes me feel jolly and it brightens up my cold and gloomy winter days.

Can't we just focus on how it makes us feel instead of focusing on the reasons behind it? I know it's beating around the bush, but just until the new year, let's just focus on the things that make us feel good, excited, jolly, and blessed to be alive. 


Virtual hugs for everyone!

No comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I always love hearing from you!